MicroStrategy Reporting Suite is a free software bundle that is designed to provide all of the main reporting software features. There is also a large amount of online support available, including training, documentation and video guides.
- Detailed Graphs – Graphs include tooltips for additional detail and can be alternated between grid and graph formats.
- Tabular Grids – Data can be organised into detailed tabular grids, which can be formatted according to a variety of styles.
- Predictive Analytics – Forecasting features and data pattern detection features provide predictive analytics.
- Ad-hoc reporting – Create ad hoc reports, responding to GUI prompts in order to select the required data.
- Export – export data in HTML, Excel and PDF.
- Import – import interactive reports from Oracle Weblogic, SAP Netweaver, IBM Websphere and Microsoft Sharepoint.
MicroStrategy is free of charge and can be downloaded at http://www.microstrategy.com/freereportingsoftware/ .
One of the most useful features of MicroStrategy is the huge range of support available to users. There are technicians available for online chat, along with a range of detailed documentation, user forums and support forums. The option to alternate between graph and grid interfaces is also useful.