Spotfire is a dedicated business intelligence application that provides analytical and reporting services to businesses of any size. It is a web-based product, and requires only a compatible browser.
- Input – Multiple datasets can be analysed at the one time and in the one report.
- Graphics – A number of charts are available to users, which are attractive and easy to set up.
- Export – Reports can be exported to Microsoft Powerpoint or as HTML files.
- Publish – Reports can be viewed by anyone using their browsers, and can also be viewed using the Spotfire Web Players.
- Realtime Data – Updates can be generated in real time by linking the report to the data source.
- Drill Down and Roll Up – Drill Down and Roll Up capabilities mean that users can get the maximum amount of data from each report.
Individuals can sign up to Spotfire for a monthly fee of $79. Companies must contact the developers in order to obtain pricing information. Further details can be found here.
The features list on this application are quite long and it has all of the required capabilites of a web based, ad hoc reporting solution. An important selling point is the high quality of the graphics.